Runtime errors with stripped edmx

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Hi,

I have used your extension in VS2010 and all seems to work fine. It successfully generates the extra files and in the edmx it replaces all sections with references to the external files. However, when running my application using EF4, on first database access (linq query) it can't find any entity and throws the exception "The EntitySet name '<container>.<entityname>' could not be found".

If I replace the "empty" edmx with the old one (containing all the sections) and do a rebuild of my application, it works again.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Maarten

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Thanks for reporting. It turned out that an important part of the documentation was missing that describes how to configure you project and how to embed the three edm files as resources in your application. I've added the missing instructions at the bottom of the MultiFileEDMX home page. Let me know if you still encounter problems.

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Thanks that helped.

Still had some problems concerning different assemblies, but that's also fixed using reflector.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/689355/metadataexception-unable-to-load-the-specified-metadata-resource